The year 2015, a quick review
It was a fantastic year. Personal life is going great. This year gave me my wife and I’m so thankful to God for giving me this amazing woman. I’m now a married man with my own family. Quite a transformation!
Business wise, no. Not that good of an year.
Anyway, I think from this post onwards, I’ll be writing yearly reviews and sharing statistics with all our users. You guys should have a clear idea of what I’m doing and exactly where everything is going.
Rebellin v2.5 was released in February. It was excellent. Customer support is the best part of my business. I love to help people. It’s hard. Finding a solution to a specific problem requires a lot of tinkering on my own side to emulate the situation a user is facing. But when a user gets a solution and he responds positively, that’s when you realize your effort was worth it! The compliments and the sheer joy and satisfaction of helping someone gives meaning to my business.
Rebellin v3, which was due in August, has been delayed. A lot. And a lot many times. This was not cos I was lazy to work on it. But cos I was getting too many ideas and was running in every new direction I could think of. Not good. I need to focus a lot more on getting things out there instead of a string of silly, unfinished projects. Momentum. I lost all of that.
That said, I’ve become wiser and more efficient over the course of time and this should reflect in my work ethics as well. 🙂
Plans for the next year!
So here are my plans for the upcoming year.
- Launch Rebellin v3 and the shiny new user guide that will help everybody to master Linux in the most fun filled way!
- Start the Rebellin University. I love teaching and I’ve decided to offer some great books and training kits to all our users.
- Be more open about Rebellin and related stuff. I’ve decided to write one blog post every day. I think I can make it. Let’s see.
- Build a new service for Rebellin users. A tiny service with a big impact. Give me some time. I’ll let you know the details soon! Service will be launched by the end of April 2016. If I go along with my schedule properly, I’ll be able to launch it without any delays.
- Build an app around the above mentioned service for PC as well as Mobile Platforms.
- Focus. Focus. Focus. Focus on ONE thing only till it’s done! Too many things at once and I get nothing done. Focus. I need to learn to focus.
- Travel more. The only time I travelled for the whole year of 2015 was my honeymoon trip to Thailand. My wife loves to travel and that’s when I discovered I love travelling with her! So now that’s a priority! Keep some time for travelling around the world. Seychelles is our next destination!
- Fitness. I’m almost 6 feet tall and weigh just 65 kg. That’s bad. I’m on the thinny-skinny-boney side of the spectrum. Gotta fix that. I’ve decided to put on at least 5kg of muscle by the end of the year.
That’s all. Eight goals and I sure hope to crack all of them. In time.
Thank you so much dear users for the support you guys give me on emails. Love to hear from all you people all the time!
Oh I almost forgot!
Happy New Year!