Rebellin Linux v3 released!
On May 9, 2016 1 Comments - News and updates
Building a stable system on Debian Sid that’s reliable for day to day usage is hard. It took me quite a while this time. But I’m immensely happy with the result. Here’s Rebellin Linux v3. With the latest and greatest software from Debian. It’s fast, reliable and got all you need for a great multimedia experience. Download Rebellin now!
List of updates:
- Gnome Shell upgraded to v3.20
- Mate Version upgraded to v1.12
- Kernel upgraded to v4.5
- SMXI scripts integrated
- Infinality Font Rendering Patches
- Droid Fonts added
- Improved theme for the Mate version
- Bluetooth support added to Mate version (It was previously missing! Silly me.)
- Plenty of package and driver updates
- Rebellin Manual with great beginner friendly tutorials available free of cost.
- Gnome terminal replaced by terminator. This enhances Gnome Shell stability. Gnome Terminal is buggy and results in system freeze.
- Totem replaced by VLC. Redundant software removed for building a lighter product.
- GDM3 replaced by LightDM. GDM3 was problematic during the build process. Resulted in blank screen on start up. LightDM works fine.
- May result in blank screen on start up on AMD Kabini Devices. I’m working on this.
- The installer may fail to identify touchpads on some computers. Mouse works fine. Please use Text Install mode or use a mouse. Touchpad works fine after installation on all computers.
Overall, this is a great build. It’s faster than v2.5 and even the Gnome Shell version works gracefully in as low as 512 of RAM. I hope you enjoy using Rebellin. If you need any help, don’t hesitate to contact us. Email support is available!
Thank you so much Distrowatch Team for the news item! 🙂
Here are two screenshots:
Rebellin Linux v3 Gnome
Rebellin Linux v3 Mate
Screenshots of Rebellin Linux v3