Building a stable system on Debian Sid that’s reliable for day to day usage is hard. It took me quite a while this time. But I’m immensely happy with the result. Here’s Rebellin Linux v3. With the latest and greatest software from Debian. It’s fast, reliable and got all you need for a great multimedia experience. Download Rebellin now!
List of updates:
- Gnome Shell upgraded to v3.20
- Mate Version upgraded to v1.12
- Kernel upgraded to v4.5
- SMXI scripts integrated
- Infinality Font Rendering Patches
- Droid Fonts added
- Improved theme for the Mate version
- Bluetooth support added to Mate version (It was previously missing! Silly me.)
- Plenty of package and driver updates
- Rebellin Manual with great beginner friendly tutorials available free of cost.
- Gnome terminal replaced by terminator. This enhances Gnome Shell stability. Gnome Terminal is buggy and results in system freeze.
- Totem replaced by VLC. Redundant software removed for building a lighter product.
- GDM3 replaced by LightDM. GDM3 was problematic during the build process. Resulted in blank screen on start up. LightDM works fine.
- May result in blank screen on start up on AMD Kabini Devices. I’m working on this.
- The installer may fail to identify touchpads on some computers. Mouse works fine. Please use Text Install mode or use a mouse. Touchpad works fine after installation on all computers.
Overall, this is a great build. It’s faster than v2.5 and even the Gnome Shell version works gracefully in as low as 512 of RAM. I hope you enjoy using Rebellin. If you need any help, don’t hesitate to contact us. Email support is available!
Thank you so much Distrowatch Team for the news item! 🙂
Here are two screenshots:
Rebellin Linux v3 Gnome
Rebellin Linux v3 Mate
Completed ‘Ghost Unleashed’, the 100 page book on Ghost Blogging Platform! Phew! It was quite a ride for me. I’ve put my soul into this book and made sure that it will be the best resource on Ghost out there! I’ve covered every aspect of Ghost including Ghost Pro service, self-hosted Ghost and local installation of Ghost. I’ve even added a chapter on online product based business to show you how easy it is to start your online business and keep it running well!
The book will be given as a return gift to all our customers who donate to Rebellin Linux. This is my way of saying ‘thank you’ for having faith in my project!
For more information about this book, check out our Lifetime Email Support Page.
The upcoming version of Rebellin Linux, v3 that is, marks the most drastic change in the world of Rebellin Linux. With a heavy heart I would like to announce that, Rebellin Synergy, the variant based on Debian Stable Backports, has been discontinued. Goodbye old friend…
Rebellin Synergy was based on backports. It was better than Debian Stable and had newer software. It was even faster than Debian Stable. In fact, it was one of the fastest full fledged Linux distributions out there. And of course, it was stable too. So why was it discontinued? Simple. Users preferred the Adrenaline variant as it offered all the advantages of newer, more modern software. Rebellin Linux will now be based on Debian Sid only.
We’re also getting rid of the ‘Synergy’ and ‘Adrenaline’ nomenclatures. Now it’s just ‘Rebellin Linux’. And a version specific code name. Adrenaline is the best of Rebellin Linux. A lot of Linux Projects attempt crafting a Debian Sid based distro. Not all succeed. Not all are able to build something as rock solid as Adrenaline. The only time when Debian Sid works, is when you use it in the form of Rebellin Adrenaline. That’s something I’m proud of! That’s something I’d like to focus and build upon.
Focusing on just one product has several advantages.
- Faster, better customer care. Improved user manual experience.
- I can now finally focus on building apps and services that were only in planning stage.
- I can now provide training kits – a long time ambition of mine. Rebellin University is where you’ll get high quality DRM-free training kits for latest technologies.
- Improved support through Rebellin’s Question-Answer section as we’ll be dealing with products that have a common base – Debian Sid
- Lastly, I’m don’t have to be on a lookout on how and when Debian releases a new stable version. The new Rebellin Linux would be a true rolling release with periodic updates. New images will be built to provide additional features such as apps and services.
That said, Rebellin Linux will be based on Debian Sid alone. We’ll continue to provide two desktop environments – Customized Gnome Shell and Customized Mate. You’ll have a great time using our all new Rebellin Linux. If you need any help, personalized support is just an email away!
Thank you so much patrons for the solid backing so far. I’ll continue Rebellin Linux development to the best of my abilities.
Hello Rebellin family members!
I’m in process of renewing the SSL Certificate on our website (therebellin.com). During this time your browser may give you security related warnings. Don’t worry. Everything is safe. The site is not compromised in anyway. The SSL will be up in no time. Please wait till then.
I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Thank you so much for your patience.
I’ve been quite a regular member of this show right from its inception. I was so wrong by not posting anything about our show here. Mostly cos the blog section of the website was solely for tutorials. Now that the tutorials have been moved to the Rebellin Manual, I find it to be a great idea to post about the stuff we all are up to for Rebellin family members to enjoy!
The Linux Rundown show is hosted by Bubba of Countryfied Linux. Me, Fishman and Bubba are quite regular with recurring guests such as Matthew and Ben (featured in the video below). We talk about the latest news in the Linux community and put forth our views. We get to learn a lot from each others’ viewpoints and from the comments we get on YouTube.
Thank you so much Bubba for having me on the show. Will be ready for the next one as well! 🙂
And Fishman, it feels so great when you’re around! 🙂 Be there for the next one too, please!
Hope you enjoy it!
Yeah finally! 🙂
I’m so happy. It’s all set. Rebellin v3 is ready.
During the previous release, I’d uploaded the ISOs to SourceForge before giving the release news to DistroWatch. While I was working on the site people had already started downloading the files. I got bombarded with tech support emails and that took me away from the website work.
Not this time. I’ll fix the site first and shall then upload everything. So that I’ll be ready to help all of you to the best of my abilities.
Just a little itsy-beetsy-teeny-weeny wait. 🙂