It’s been quite a while. I got busy with some other stuff in life and couldn’t find time to update Rebellin and roll out the next version. But it’s ready now. Well, almost. I still have to finalize some important bits. Here are the updates:
- Rebellin v4 will be released on July 29th, 2019. The same high-performance distro, made even better!
- The website will be fully updated. I’m working on a new one from scratch.
- All new manual coming up. More than 300-pages of beginner-centric content!
- Lots of tech tutorials will be made available on the website. Free, of course.
- The same beginner-friendly customer support! 🙂
Hope to see you soon. Stay tuned!
I did it. And I’m very happy!
Sadly, I also had to delete the Rebellin Linux Facebook page. It wasn’t really useful in getting new users or customers anyway… Now I can focus on this site properly. Also, as social channels, I’m only keeping my twitter account and youtube channel.
But no worries. I’ll be here. Shall post updates regularly. Got a few great ideas planned.
If you need support, don’t hesitate to contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org. Email Support is available 24×7. Always there whenever you need me!
Rebellin Linux v3.5 is out! Built on the goodness of Debian and the previous Rebellin, it’s the best Debian Sid based distribution you can get. Know why? Cos it comes with email support! Download Rebellin now and end your search for the perfect Linux distro!
The big news is our tiny WhatsApp Client for Linux. Nothing fancy. It just works. Also available for other Linux distributions. You may download our client for your favourite distribution (if it’s not Rebellin already!).
List of updates:
- Gnome Shell upgraded to v3.22.2 (New updates are available after download)
- Mate Version upgraded to v1.16.1 (New updates are available after download)
- Kernel upgraded to v4.8 Liquorix (New updates are available after download)
- Brand new Material Design theme now completes the look!
- Plenty of package and driver updates
- MTP Support Added
- Rebellin now works perfectly with AMD APUs. Tested on a tiny AMD A4-1200 (Temash, 1Ghz) processor and Rebellin just ploughs through!
- Touchpad issues in Rebellin Mate have been completely rectified.
- Rebellin Manual with great beginner friendly tutorials available free of cost.
Some changes and fixes:
- Rebellin now uses Liquorix Kernel version 4.8. It’s more reliable than the kernel that was available from official Debian Repositories. And did I say it’s fast? It’s wonderful! Also, do upgrade your system after download to get the latest version of Liquorix.
- VLC has been replaced by Totem.
The installer may fail to identify touchpads on some computers. Mouse works fine. Please use Text Install mode or use a mouse. Touchpad works fine after installation on all computers.
Overall, this is a great build. It’s faster than v3 and even the Gnome Shell version works gracefully in as low as 512 MB of RAM. I hope you enjoy using Rebellin. If you need any help, don’t hesitate to contact us. Email support is available!
Thank you so much Distrowatch Team for the news item!
Here are two screenshots:
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you dear users!
May the upcoming year be full of positive possibilities and progress on every front! May you have many more wonderful years of happiness, growth and love with your family!
Just one more thing. Here are two screen shots of the upcoming version of Rebellin Linux – v3.5. Take a look:
Rebellin Linux v3.5 (Gnome Desktop):
Rebellin Linux v3.5 (Mate Desktop):
Both versions have the same Material Design theme. It’s the best Rebellin yet! Coming out in the first week of January!
Namaste to all our Rebellin family members!
The new Rebellin Manual is out. Have you got my email with the download link? If you haven’t, do let me know via the support email. I’ll send you the manual as an email attachment right away!
New customers can download it here.
- Five new tutorials added
- Fixed plenty of grammatical and spelling mistakes.
- Added hyperlinks for better navigation
- Improved fonts. Now the commands are in a larger font and dark red in color for better visibility.
As you must have noticed, the site went offline on June 1st. There were problems with the DNS settings. I thought it was a great opportunity to change some things. As such, the whole set up has been upgraded. 🙂
A big thank you to the great folks at SiteGround! You guys are fab!
Business is as usual.