Is this happening in the Live Mode or have you installed the distro? If you have installed the distro, have you updated it?I’m working on a new theme. If this issue is related to theming we can fix it easily. Send me an email. I’ll send you the new theme which you can try.Regarding screenshots, the problem sometimes is with the file names. Try renaming the files with a short name and then open them in windows. That will work.This seems to happen with screenshots as well as screen cast videos.
Also, for screenshots, you may use Gimp and then save the file with a specific name and file type. This is the best way to produce a file that can be opened anywhere.
this is happening in the live mode, i was afraid it would happen when i install on hdd so i could not dare to install, but you are right. i will install on a seperate partition and will update the mate de, i got some screenshot with my cell phone so i can send you maybe you want to see….
thank you very very much for your great efforts, rebellin is a great distro , very very low on cpu (average % 0 – 2 ) and fast… i can’t wait to install on hdd…
thank you again for your efforts….
it is me again 🙂 i have installed Rebellin Linux on a seperate partition (on real hardware) and updated Mate… everything is ok now… no problem so far… really fast and looks very very nice… really liked it..
thank you very much for your help
when i minimize windows, they disappear… and can’t find them, they go somewhere bottom left… it started to happen after i remove bottom panel, then moved upper panel to bottom…i am opening them again and again. i don’t know why they behave like this.
I’m glad you’re enjoying Rebellin Linux. 🙂 Stay tuned for the next version. I’m releasing it on 5th of September.
Now, regarding the issue you’re facing. The bottom panel is what holds the minimized windows. If you don’t want that I’ve a better option for you. Rebellin comes with Docky, a very functional and powerful dock application. You may launch it from Accessories section of the menu. Give it a go.
Here’s what to do:
- Move the panel back to its default position. To the top. Then start Docky. Docky, by default, starts at the bottom of the screen.
- Docky requires composition to be enabled. We have to activate it manually in Rebellin. Start Mate Terminal (NOT Root Terminal) and give the following command:
gsettings set org.mate.Marco.general compositing-manager true
- Now click on the blue Docky icon. It’s the first icon in the dock with anchor symbol. This will let you access Docky’s settings. Then enable ‘Intellihide’ in the Hiding section of Docky. Done! Your minimized windows will be held by Docky and it will be hidden while you work on full screen windows. Just take your mouse pointer at the bottom of the screen and Docky will pop up!
- You can even add apps to the dock. Start File Manager and browse to /usr/share/applications/. This is where all the launchers for apps are available. Just drag the launchers you need to Docky. Simple.
I’ve added a complete tutorial on how to use Docky in the Rebellin Manual. I’m sending out the updated copies shortly. Have you downloaded it? If no, do download it. That way I can send you the updated copy automatically. 🙂
- thank you very much for your fast response… can’t wait next version of rebellin, i guess i will set up a more traditional desktop, now i could managed the settings, bottom paneş etc..my father uses this computer too :) thank you very much, and best wishes and good luck
- You must login to post comments
Hit ALT + F2 combo. Then in the run dialog box that comes up, type mate-terminal and hit Enter.
This will bring up the terminal. Now we’ll set up a custom resolution for your screen. Give the command below:
xrandr -s 1024×768
Let me know if this fixes the problem. You may alter the parameters a bit if you want.
i tried that combo but it broke resolution, i got some screenshot but windows can’t open them i don’t know why? i can’t even upload them on gmail, sometimes the distro works normal but, when it works normal, the mark on left upper coner is Gnome , like a footprint, when it is broken, like panels cannot be seen, the menu and drop down menus are larger…
Please login first to submit.